The South East is known for its spectacular landscapes, from the vibrant foliage of the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee to the mist-shrouded bayous of Louisiana and the beaches of Alabama and Florida. Take into fresh seafood or mouth-watering barbecue and learn about the regions rich culture and history from its gracious, welcoming people.
The nation’s capital, Washington, D.C., is home to many famous landmarks, world class museums an A cosmopolitan mix of residents and visitors. To the East, Maryland makes the most of its Chesapeake Bay location. Here, visitors can set sail from Annapolis, a world-renowned sailing center, and dine on freshly caught Blue Crabs at a waterfront picnic table.
Virginia is famous for its rich history and important landmarks, including Mount Vernon, first U.S president George Washington’s home, as well as more than 200 vineyards scattered over rolling Hills. West Virginia lies completely within the Appalachian mountain region and offers spectacular hiking, rafting, mountain biking and skiing.
Kentucky is best known for three things: bluegrass music, bourbon distilleries and horse racing, including the famous Kentucky Derby. A visit to Tennessee is not complete without a taste of its famous barbecue and a visit to a jazz club on Beale street in Memphis or a Nashville honkytonk (casual bar) to hear live country music.
North Carolina’s diverse landscape ranges from the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains in the West to the pristine Atlantic Ocean beaches in the East, with the bustling urban centres of Charlotte and Rayleigh in between. In South Carolina, Charleston is replete with southern charm and impressive pre civil war mansions. Elsewhere in the state, play a round of golf on a championship course and enjoy vast beaches lined with shops and restaurants.
Relax in Hot Springs, descend into mysterious limestone caves and marvel at scenic waterfalls in Arkansas. In Louisiana, enjoy fabulous food and authentic jazz and Cajun music in New Orleans, and discover great golf, fishing and boating across the state.
Delta Blues music, gracious plantations and homestyle cooking Greek vistas to Mississippi. In Alabama take the family to the US Space and Rocket Center or wander along the beaches of Gulf Shores and orange beach. Beyond Atlanta a vibrant city life, Georgia offers forested mountains, coastal Islands and Savannahs historic charms. Florida’s beaches and theme parks are perhaps best known to visitors venture beyond to enjoy spring fed rivers and parks filled with lush plants and fascinating wildlife.
The second largest state in the USA, Texas is not only home to some of the country’s largest cities, it also encompasses sandy beaches, the scenic Hill Country and deep canyons with spectacular rocky landscapes. Watch the twice daily longhorn cattle drive in Fort Worth. Stay at one of the many guest ranches in the state to experience horseback riding, overnight trail rides and chuck-wagon dinners under vast, starry skies. Offbeat an energetic Austin is famous for its live music scene, independently owned restaurants and food truck culture.
- Delight in D.C.’s celebrated monuments and memorials showcasing the history of the U.S.
- Capture a photo of the White House
- Walk the boardwalk of Virginia Beach
- Hike a trail along Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park
- Experience outstanding scenery along Blueridge Parkway & Great Smoky Mountains
- Visit the famed lighthouses and quaint towns of the Outer Banks
- Explore Historic Charleston
- Immerse yourself in world-famous theme parks in Orlando
- Taste some of the finest oysters in Apalachicola located the heart of Florida’s Forgotten Coast
- Travel along Florida’s Emerald Coast, home to some of the best beaches in the world
- Enjoy great food and music in New Orleans, the birthplace of jazz
- Experience true hospitality in Natchez, a perfectly preserved example of the Old South
- Tour one of Vicksburg many columned antebellum homes
- Walk down Beale Street for a taste of the music Memphis makes today
- Embark on the ultimate rock ‘n roll experience at Elvis Presley’s Graceland
- Walk Nashville’s Music City Walk of Fame
- Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum located on Nashville’s Music Row
- View the deep blue haze of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Stroll down Charleston’s quaint alleyways or trot through the streets in a carriage
- Stand where the first shot of the Civil War was fired
- Explore Savannah’s beautifully preserved historic neighbourhood
- Meet a veteran astronaut at Kennedy Space Center, NASA’s launch headquarters
- Celebrate the Old West in Fort Worth by watching the world’s only twice-daily cattle drive
- Explore Corpus Christi, the popular Gulf Coast playgrounds